Geocaching is a real-world, outdoor treasure hunting game using GPS-enabled devices. Participants navigate to a specific set of GPS coordinates and then attempt to find the geocache (container) hidden at that location. For families, geocaching is just plain FUN!
Getting outdoors and active as a family is not only good for your health but also great for family bonding, encouraging a love of adventure in our kids, and developing movement skills.
- Background and status of geocaching locally and worldwide.
- Setting up your free geocaching account.
- Reviewing and understanding individual geocache webpages.
- Reviewing technology to be used for geocaching.
- Preparing for the hunt.
- Hands-on geocaching!
- Register on geocaching.com. This is free.
- Download Geocaching app on your phone. This is free.
- If you don’t have a smartphone with a data plan and wish to use a GPS, please let us know ahead of time so we can have one preloaded for you.
What to Bring
Please bring a pen, a bag lunch, and be prepared for a leisurely walk, up to 4 km. The walk will be along Beach Ave. in Peachland.
Number of Students
Minimum 4 and maximum of 10 students
TNI Business Centre. 5878 C Beach Avenue, Peachland, BC V0H 1X7
Hours: 10 am to 2 pm.